"Remember, we are all affecting the world every moment, whether we mean to or not. Our actions and states of mind matter, because we’re so deeply interconnected with one another. Working on our own consciousness is the most important thing that we are doing at any moment, and being love is the supreme creative act."
- Dr. Worth: So, what're your issues? Give 'em to me.
- Jonathan Ames: Well, I am sad about this breakup I just went through.
- Dr. Worth: She left you.
- Jonathan Ames: Yes.
- Dr. Worth: And now you feel rejected and unlovable and you can't understand why she no longer loves you.
- Jonathan Ames: Yes!
- Dr. Worth: You do know that she's not the only source of love for you in the world?
- Jonathan Ames: But I want her love.
- Dr. Worth: We don't get everything we want in life. You don't get to have her love. That's it. End of story. Next issue.
"You don’t get to choose if you get hurt in this world, but you do have some say in who hurts you. I like my choices."
"All cowardice comes from not loving or not loving well, which is the same thing."
Ernest Hemingway (Woody Allen), Midnight in Paris. (via castnuri)
"Let your mind be spacious and your heart be kind and soft."
"I will remember your small room, the feel of you, the light in the window, your records, your books, our morning coffee, our noons, our nights, our bodies spilled together, sleeping, the tiny flowing currents, immediate and forever. Your leg, my leg, your arm, my arm, your smile and the warmth of you who made me laugh again."